Volunteer applications are closed for September. Check back on October 1st!
Become a Volunteer
By joining Operation Kindness’ team of dedicated volunteers, you’ll build strong relationships with other like-minded animal lovers, the community, and of course, the animals themselves. Working together, we can help match more pets with loving homes.
This short video will give you an overview of the volunteer opportunities available at Operation Kindness.
The fee covers your badge, t-shirt, training, and administrative costs.
After completing registration, you’ll receive instructions for completing an online training at your own pace.
We do ask volunteers to serve at least 4 hours on their core team each month for the first 6 months with us.
Beyond the general tasks around the shelter, volunteers also receive additional training to help in specific roles.
Animal Care Support
Adoption Contract Processor
Fosters are needed for orphaned puppies and kittens, nursing mothers, animals recovering from a medical procedure, and animals that need behavioral support.
The typical foster stay is two weeks to two months, depending on the individual animal. Learn more and sign up.
Become a Greeter
Intake & Foster Support
You will help with giving medicated baths, taking injured/ill dogs out for potty breaks, cleaning kennels, and scooping litterboxes.
Pet Food Pantry
Family Days Volunteering
(Lunch break from 12:30 – 1:00 PM, please bring a packed lunch.)
Cost is $30 per family of 4, each additional child participant is $10.
Corporate Group Volunteer Opportunities
To schedule a group volunteer opportunity, please complete this form.
Work Paws Playdates
- Operation Kindness brings social dogs or puppies and/or kittens to your workplace.
- Sessions are 2 hours.
- Operation Kindness provides materials needed to set up a clean environment.
- The suggested donation for a Work Paws Playdate is $2,500. Contact our team if you would like to discuss available options.
Court-Ordered Community Service
- Must be 16 years or older
- Must complete Community Service Orientation
- Not seeking community services hours for any violent misdemeanors or felonies