Become a Foster for Homeless Pets
Fostering is an important role because you are saving lives and helping prepare homeless animals for their new families!
Fosters receive around-the-clock support from Operation Kindness staff members and all medical needs are taken care of at our on-site animal hospital.
To sign up, please submit the foster application.
Puppies, Kittens, and Nursing Moms
Shelter to Service Dogs
Assistance dog fosters at Operation Kindness help shelter dogs have a second chance at a life-changing career as a service dog for someone in need. Dogs will be trained to serve as hearing assistance dogs across the United States.
Total fostering commitment is up to 7 months and fosters must commit to:
- Be willing to support the dog’s training.
- Communicate with the trainer how the dog is doing.
- Be open to training tips (positive reinforcement only).
- Have well-behaved dogs at home, or no dogs.
- Provide a loving home-life for the dog while in foster care.
- Build the dog’s confidence.
- Expose the dog to new experiences and sounds.
Interested? Complete the foster application to get started!