INFO & FAQ
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT
Operation Kindness has approximately 300 dogs, puppies, cats, and kittens in our shelter at any given time, and all need forever, loving homes. We have full and mixed breed animals of all ages and sizes.
Many photos of our animals are posted on our website, but please note that a number of recently arrived animals at our shelter will not yet have photos or profiles online. We encourage you to come visit our shelter to see all of the animals currently awaiting forever homes. If you currently have a dog in your home and are looking to adopt another, we highly encourage you to bring him or her for a doggie introduction.
We are unable to hold animals for potential adopters and cannot guarantee an animal will
be at the shelter when you
come in, as they could be adopted at any
is a no-kill animal welfare organization
that provides food, shelter
and veterinary care for homeless, abandoned
and unwanted cats and dogs until they
are adopted into loving homes. These animals
are not merchandise, rather, they are
creatures entrusted to our care. It is
our responsibility and mission to find
the best possible homes for them and
to meet the individual needs of each animal.
We reserve the right to deny any adoption
as we see fit.
While at Operation
Kindness, every animal receives the following:
- First vaccinations: DHP-Parvo/Bordatella
for dogs and puppies. FVRCP for cats and kittens
- Rabies vaccination and tag to animals over four
months of age
- Treatment of any known illness
- Flea and tick treatment
- Heartworm test and treatment if necessary.
Heartworm preventive for dogs and puppies.
- Microchip ID with one-year registration included
- Onsite spay or neuter surgery for animals over
eight weeks old (if not done previously)
- Collar and tag with Operation Kindness ID
With the adoption of every animal, adopters
receive the following:
- Adoption counseling
to help the adopter select the dog or cat that best fits their lifestyle, needs, and home environment
- Pet care and
carrier for cats
- Temporary leash
- Microchip ID
and lifetime registration
- Rabies Tag for
animals over four months of age
- Spay or neuter
surgery (if not previously done due to young age or medical
- 25% off gift certificate valid at any Pet Supplies Plus (DFW area locations)
- Free pet health insurance for one month
- Free consultation from special list of trainers
- A schedule of upcoming low-cost obedience training classes
- A schedule and reminder of upcoming vaccinations
The Adoption Fee* is:
for cats and kittens
- $175 for dogs and puppies
* The Adoption Fee helps us to cover the
costs of all the procedures for the animals
in our care including: tests, vaccinations,
collars/tags, microchipping, spay/neuter
surgery, medical procedures, surgeries,
rehabilitation and recovery.
Any donations over
the stated adoption fees are greatly appreciated.
we spend more than $380 for each animal
in our care.
In order to adopt an animal from Operation
Kindness, you must:
at least 21 years of age
- have a valid,
government issued, photo ID with you with your current address
- be able to
verify that you can have a pet where you live