Volunteers make a huge difference in the lives of our animals. Our caring and hard-working volunteers help in a variety of programs throughout the year. We invite you to join our volunteer team today by completing three easy steps: 1) Fill Out Our Volunteer Application All potential volunteers must have a volunteer application on file to be considered for the Operation Kindness Volunteer Program. 2)Attend Orientation Before you begin volunteering at Operation Kindness, we require that you pay a one -time program fee and attend an online Webinar Training and a hands-on training at the shelter. The fee covers volunteer materials including an Operation Kindness t-shirt. 3) Commit to Volunteering With our flexible hours, you’ll be able to tailor your volunteer experience around your schedule. We also can give you activities that best suit your individual interests and skills. Volunteers must commit to 4 hours per month to remain active. They can also remain active by fostering or assisting with our large fundraisers.
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Manager.
Ways You Can Help as a Volunteer
Volunteer Qualification Checklist
- The minimum age for volunteering is 6 years with a legal guardian – there is no maximum age!
- All volunteers must attend a regular volunteer orientation session.
- Volunteer fees are $35 for adults and $25 for juniors under 18 and seniors over 65. It includes your volunteer handbook and your Operation Kindness t-shirt.
- Volunteers age 6-17 must be accompanied at all times by a parent or legal guardian who is also an active volunteer. All volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Youth groups can volunteer for special projects when accompanied by a supervising adult.
- Volunteers must do at least one of the following:
- A minimum of four hours a month in the shelter
- A minimum of three events a year
- Be an active volunteer on a committee
- Be a foster parent