Life is About Second Chances
As a no-kill shelter, we can only take an animal if we have room. We never euthanize an animal to make room for another. If we are unable to take your animal, we will give you suggestions and possible alternatives for placing your animal.
If you would like to send information to Animal Intake about an animal you would like to surrender, please include all of the following information in email. The more details you provide, the faster we will be able to process your request.
1. Behavior: Including how well the animal acts with people and other animals. For a scared/under socialized animal, space and resources must be available for its rehabilitation.
2. Health: · Is the animal treatable; able to be rehabilitated and/or is its issue manageable?
3. Age: Older animals are difficult to adopt out, but, we will try to take them when their behavior and health is good.
4. Breeds: We do not take feral cats or feral dogs. If we have too many of one breed or color, acceptance into the shelter will be delayed until our numbers are reduced.
5. Space: Sometimes, we simply do not have enough space to bring in more animals.