Life is About Second Chances
Making the decision to rehome your pet is a difficult one. Operation Kindness will do everything we can to accommodate your needs. This includes scheduling your pet for an Intake Evaluation and/or offering additional resources to aid in the placement of your pet. Animals are accepted on a space-available basis. As animals are adopted into their new families, space is created for arriving residents.
Please complete the surrender form and attach a current photograph so that we are better able to help you.
1. Behavior: Including how well the animal acts with people and other animals. For a scared/under socialized animal, space and resources must be available for its rehabilitation.
2. Health: · Is the animal treatable; able to be rehabilitated and/or is its issue manageable?
3. Age: Older animals are difficult to adopt out, but, we will try to take them when their behavior and health is good.
4. Breeds: We do not take feral cats or feral dogs. If we have too many of one breed or color, acceptance into the shelter will be delayed until our numbers are reduced.
5. Space: Sometimes, we simply do not have enough space to bring in more animals.
6. Email a photograph to Intake@OperationKindness.org. Failing to email the photo will result in your request being delayed, possibily denied.