Operation Kindness is
open to the public Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
from Noon to 7:00pm, Friday-Sunday from 11pm to 5:00pm, and closed on Tuesdays. But,
the animals need care 365 days a year so we
to help seven days a week from 8am until 7pm.
We would love to
have you volunteer with us - plus, "fur fixes" are guaranteed!
What Are The Benefits Of Volunteering?
- All active volunteers receive a newsletter.
- Outstanding volunteers are presented with
Operation Kindness' Volunteer of the Month award and recognized
in the newsletter and at the shelter.
- Volunteers and their families are invited
to our annual holiday party in December where we announce the Volunteer
of the Year, Foster of the Year and present other
- Opportunity to expand your knowledge and
skills working with a variety of animals.
- Best of all, you'll have the warm feeling
of knowing that you are helping animals
What Can I Do As A Volunteer?
- Kennel Work: Cleaning
cages, laundry, general upkeep and maintenance.
- Walking Dogs: Dogs
are walked at least twice a day in the morning
- Cat Rooms: Help maintain
cat and kitten rooms, clean cages, change
- General Help: Receptionist,
answering phones, greeting visitors, assist
with mailings and general office work.
- Foster Home Program:
Care for young, recovering or pregnant animals
in your home. You'll be saving
- Fundraising: Assist
with fundraising events and activities.
- Computer: Data entry
in shelter database.
- Volunteer Committee:
Welcoming new volunteers, coordinating and
assisting with volunteer training.
- Transportation: Transporting
animals to TV shows, vets, events, etc.
- Speaker's Bureau:
Presentations at schools, community groups,
- Telephone Committee:
Call volunteers, contact adopters after adoption,
- Special Events: Planning,
coordinating and staffing at Operation Kindness
and community events.
- Adoption Counseling:
Work with adopters to find their new companion,
counseling adopters on training and pet care,
completing adoption paperwork, etc.
- Publicity: Distribute
event flyers, newsletters, etc.
- and lots more...
- The minimum age for
volunteering is 6 years with a legal guardian - there is no maximum age!
- All volunteers must attend a regular volunteer orientation session.
- Volunteer fees are $35 for adults and $25 for junior under 18 and seniors over 65. It includes your volunteer handbook as well as your Operation Kindness t-shirt.
- Volunteers aged 6
-16 must be accompanied at all times by a
parent or legal guardian who is also an active
volunteer. All volunteers under 18 must have
- Youth groups can volunteer
for special projects when accompanied by
a supervising adult. Call us for more information.
- Volunteers must work
at least one of the following:
- A minimum of six hours a month in
- A minimum of six events a year
- As an active volunteer on a committee
- As a foster parent
I Want To Help! So What's
an online Volunteer Application by clicking here.
**Please note that if you are volunteering with a junior (6-16 years of age) the parent MUST submit an application along with the junior.
a mandatory Volunteer training session
scheduled for you by the Volunteer Coordinator
involved! - help the animals and have fun!
Questions? Contact Volunteer Manager Tomi Tucker by email or calling 972-428-3821