• Cleans and sanitizes dog and cat kennels and cages as soon as possible after it is soiled.
• Regularly cleans and sanitizes kennel walls and floors; polishes windows and doors.
• Regularly cleans and sanitizes the grooming room.
• Cleans and sanitizes dog porches after each use.
• Keeps outside exercise areas free of solid waste.
• Maintains a clean and neat area.
• Feeds animals regularly according to the written feeding procedure.
• Ensures that there is an adequate supply of food and water on hand.
• Keeps food room clean and neat.
• Ensures dogs are walked and exercised regularly throughout the day.
Other duties as assigned or requested
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent Experience Requirements
• One year of part-time or full-time work experience for which references are available
• Previous Kennel or Animal Care experience preferred.
• Feels and expresses a genuine liking for animals and for working in an animal care environment.
•. Supports Operation Kindness’s mission and understands how it is organized and functions as a non-profit organization.
• Is able to work equally well with paid staff members, clients and volunteers.
• Is able to relate well to persons with varied backgrounds and beliefs.
• Physical Effort: Position requires lifting and carrying animals and shelter materials weighting up to 40 lbs; when animals or materials weigh over 40 lbs, another staff member will assist in the lifting and carrying. Position also requires standing for extended periods of time. Position requires walking, bending and lifting for extended periods of time.
May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, or animal feces. May be exposed to animal bites, scratches or diseases.
- 40 hours per week. Days and hours to be determined. Must be
able to work weekends.
position description in no way states or implies
that these are the only duties to be performed
by the employee occupying this position. Employees
will be required to follow any other job related
duties required by their supervisor. This document
does not create an employment contract implied
or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
APPLY for any of the available positions
above, qualified candidates should send us
your RESUME, COVER LETTER, SALARY REQUIREMENTS
and/or SALARY HISTORY (REQUIRED).
Please review the requirements for the position
before applying. In addition, you will need
to complete a job application if we request
you come in for an interview.
in person at our shelter, Monday-Friday
from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We are located at 3201 Earhart Drive in Carrollton. Earhart is one block south
of Keller Springs and two blocks west of Midway Rd.
by mail at,
Operation Kindness - Attn: Director of Operations/HR
3201 Earhart Drive
Carrollton, TX 75006
to include the POSITION you are applying
for in the "SUBJECT" of the email)
us at 972-417-8956